Here’s What Day Jollibee Will Open in Mississauga
We officially know what day Jollibee will open in Mississauga.
We know this might feel like a drill, but it’s not.
For the past few months, the word “Jollibee” has been on everyone’s lips. Why? Because when the Scarborough location opened, it attracted throngs of people willing to wait five (or more) hours for the quick service resto’s beloved Filipino offerings.
Here in Mississauga, we’ve had to watch from afar, envious of our eastern neighbour.
But the wait is so very, very close to being over.
“[It will open] this Friday, July 20 at 7:00 a.m.,” says Paola Caldaroni, marketing manager, Orlando Corporation.
Built it by Design, a Mississauga-based contracting company, recently tweeted that the project is well on its way and that “things are getting real inside.”
We can already smell that mango pie. Things are getting real inside @Jollibee #Mississauga. Stay tuned for the grand opening date! very very soon! #Jollibee #Restaurant #Construction @blogTO @insauga pic.twitter.com/avnVnqRU2t— BUILD IT By Design (@BuildItByDesign) July 16, 2018
Build it by Design commenced construction on the project back in April.
Caldaroni says that long line-ups are anticipated and that a ticketing system will be used to manage the crowds.
“They will have people lined up against the sidewalk in front of Seafood City, as well as some people in the store. The rest will be given a ticket [that will allow them] to come back at a later time.
The soon-to-open Jollibee restaurant, a popular fast food brand from The Philippines, will take shape inside the recently opened Seafood City Supermarket in Heartland Town Centre.
Jollibee began hiring for the new store back in 2017.
The resto offers a range of Asian and North American staples, boasting traditional fast-food hamburgers, spaghetti (which is definitely an unusual find at quick-service chains), fried chicken, garlic pepper beef, spring rolls, corned beef breakfast dishes and more.
As for Seafood City, that was exciting opening in and of itself.
For those who don’t know, Seafood City is a Filipino supermarket with over 20 locations in the U.S. The brand specializes in Filipino food and products and Mississauga just recently became home to the chain’s first Canadian location.
The store officially opened its doors last September.
Jollibee will join a host of other quick-service spots inside the supermarket, including Grill City, Noodle Street, Crispy Town and Valerio’s Bake Shop.
How early will you be lining up on Friday morning?
- Here’s When Jollibee Will Finally Open in Mississauga
- Jollibee is Hiring For its Upcoming Mississauga Location
- Massive Filipino Fast Food Chain Jollibee Officially Opening in Mississauga
- What’s Happening with the Upcoming Jollibee Location in Mississauga?
- Jollibee opening brand new location in Square One in Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26