Here’s what a closed-down bakery is turning into in Mississauga
It looks like people aren't the only ones planning to reinvent themselves in the new year!
Les Moulins La Fayette, a bakery and catering company with locations across Quebec (and even one in Miami, Fla.), is transforming its Mississauga location into an Egyptian restaurant.
Back in August 2019, the restaurant's operators posted a notice on the door saying that the location would be closed for the owners' annual vacation and renovations.
Now, new signage on the restaurant indicates that it's turning into an Egyptian resto called Karioka.
According to a sign on the window, the restaurant will only be serving food and will not operate as a hookah lounge.
While the closure of the bakery—which was known for its fresh loaves of bread, cakes, pies, chocolate eclairs, cheesecake, tarts, muffins, brownies and more—will disappoint some residents, diners with a sweet tooth should note that the restaurant will still serve Les Moulins La Fayette's desserts.
A new opening date has not yet been announced.
- Popular French Bakery Opening First Mississauga Location Soon
- New French Bakery Opens First Mississauga Location
- Brand New Egyptian Restaurant Opening in Mississauga
- Here’s When a Highly-Anticipated Egyptian Restaurant Will Open in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Highly-Anticipated Egyptian Restaurant Officially Open in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: A Fight Club forms in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Peel police officer knees male on ground during arrest in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Beautiful $1.3 mil bungalow with chic interior
- Brand new Starbucks location opening in Mississauga
- Victim of fatal shooting in Vaughan identified as Peel resident