Here’s Mississauga’s First Baby of 2019
Every year, people from all over the world get excited about the arrival of their town or city's New Year's baby.
This year, Mississauga residents had to wait a little longer than usual, as no baby wanted to arrive at the stroke of midnight.
Or even within the hour.
That said, a baby girl was born in the wee hours of Jan. 1.
Trillium Health Partners' recently announced that its first birth of 2019, which took place at Credit Valley Hospital, occurred at 4:14 a.m on the morning of New Year's Day.
The baby girl arrived weighing 2.685 kg (5.9 lbs).
The Vanderwielen family has not yet chosen the name of their beautiful baby girl, but THP says both baby and mom are healthy and doing well.
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Peel Public Health reports region's first COVID-19 related death