Here's How You Can Get a Free Smart Thermostat For Your Home in Mississauga
If you like free things for your home, want a fancy smart thermostat, or are looking for ways to make your home more sustainable, now is your chance to make your thermostat dreams come true.
You might have guessed it - the GreenON Installations program is officially back and accepting registrations for free smart thermostats!
The program launched in summer 2017, and the uptake was overwhelming. Many households across the province received thermostats at no cost, but not everyone who wanted one got one.
“Due to high interest in your region, 2017 home installations are now full, but that doesn't mean installations are stopping anytime soon,” GreenON said to late registrants last year.
GreenON informed residents that in early 2018, a GreenON Installations program representative would be in touch, so if you haven’t heard from anyone yet, your call should be coming, or you can contact GreenON’s support team (call 1 (888) 728-8444)
Only some homes are eligible for the program, so you’ll need to check if yours is one of them by calling that line.
According to GreenON, homeowners or renters living in single-detached, semi-detached, townhome or row homes, are eligible to take part, which includes most residents in our city.
What happens when you call?
First, you’ll be prompted to submit an application via phone.
Then, if you’re eligible, you’ll get an email to book an appointment for a home visit.
“Keep in mind: Due to the overwhelming popularity of the program, your time slot for an appointment may be sometime within the next four months,” says GreenON’s website.
GreenON says that a home visit will include “the installation of your chosen smart thermostat and a demonstration of how it works,” and even “a home energy review that will show you ways to reduce your carbon footprint and save money.”
Finally, you’ll receive your customized home energy report within a few weeks of the visit.
There are three smart thermostats available, and you can check them all out here.
You might want to give GreenON a call soon if you’re interested, since the program came and went pretty quickly base don high demand in 2017.
- Some Mississauga Households Eligible for Free Smart Thermostat
- Some Residents Eligible for Home Renovation Funding
- Mississauga Launches Stormwater Home Visit Pilot Program
- Region of Peel program can cover the cost of some home repairs in Mississauga
- With workers at home, feds eyeing ways to fast-track training program for out-of-work Canadians
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton reporting record high COVID-19 cases today
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga