Here's How You Can Get a Free, Loaded PRESTO Card
If you love free things - and could use some help with transit fare - something exciting is happening at select transit terminals in the coming weeks that you’ll want to mark your calendar for.
It’s the start of the season at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, and to celebrate, Scotiabank is giving away free, loaded PRESTO cards.
Whether you’re a regular transit user or just need a way to get to the Leafs or Raptors home opener, this could save you a few bucks.
Select TTC and GO stations will indeed be giving away these pre-loaded cards on the following days:
- October 3, Toronto Maple Leafs Home Opener
- October 17, Toronto Raptors Home Opener
The giveaway starts at 4 p.m. on each of those days.
Of course, limited supplies are available, so you might want to head over a little earlier to snag a card.
The goal of the giveaway is to get fans to Scotiabank Arena and Maple Leaf Square to support the Maple Leafs and Raptors.
How much money is on the pre-loaded card, you ask?
If you get a PRESTO card from select TTC station, it’ll have a pre-loaded amount of $6, while each PRESTO card obtained from select GO stations carries a pre-loaded amount of $8.
So whether you’re headed to the game or elsewhere, here’s where you can pick up a free card:
More details here.
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- One Mississauga postal code rises to 22% COVID-19 positivity rate