Here's How You Can Find Healthy and Locally Grown Food in Mississauga
Are you looking for healthy and locally grown food in Mississauga? If so, the Region of Peel has you covered.
The Region of Peel has launched a brand new Grown in Peel Guide. The guide highlights the best farms and markets across Mississauga (as well as the rest of the Peel Region).
Grown in Peel promotes local agriculture and plays a role in connecting producers with consumers. It aims to link people to farmers while increasing residents’ access to safe, healthy and affordable food. Local produce is picked fresh and tastes great. Visiting a local farm also allows people to see how food is produced and can be an enriching experience.
Local vendors sell a wide variety of products including fruits, vegetables, meats, baked goods, wines, cider and nursery stocks.
This year the guide has been streamlined into an online tool that you can select exactly what you’re looking for. There are three drop-down menus to pick from; products, categories and distance.
Using the menus, you can find the product you’re looking for, or search for a new place to go on a small adventure. With the distance feature, you can also pick the city in the Peel Region you’re shopping in.
All locations are also listed on the page, with a colour-coded legend showing what products are available at a location.
You can find the Grown in Peel Guide here.
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- Brawl Breaks Out Involving Knives at an Intersection in Mississauga
- Mississauga Company Hit With Massive Fine After Worker Dies From 30 Foot Fall
- Newly Opened Chinese Restaurant Giving Away Free Food Today in Mississauga
- Local Produce and Farmers Market Guide Released in Mississauga
- Health Canada Releases Revamped, Evidence-Based Food Guide
- Major Changes Coming to Canada's Food Guide
- Here’s How Much More Taxes You’ll be Paying the Region of Peel in Mississauga
- Here's Why This Mississauga Farm Was Recognized By The Ontario Government