Here's how to take a virtual roller coaster ride with Canada's Wonderland
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, many of us sitting at home feeling bored. Thankfully, Canada’s Wonderland is doing its part to help assuage that boredom!
If you’ve got nothing to do or want to entertain the kids, then this is a great time to check out the park’s virtual rides: Videos showing a first-person view of some of Wonderland’s most intense and thrilling rides/coasters.
“The kids will love that they can experience some of the grown-up rides virtually, even though they may not, technically, be tall enough to ride in person,” the park said in a statement. “Or maybe you can convince your non-ride-loving significant other to give it a try!”
A few simple steps to take your virtual ride:
- Open up Youtube (for best results use a large monitor or your TV).
- Choose from one of these Canada’s Wonderland playlists: Roller Coaster POVs, Thrill Ride POVs, or Family Ride POVs.
- Select the video that strikes your fancy.
- Hit play and enjoy the ride!
The playlists include some of the park’s hottest coasters and rides, such as Night Mares, Riptide, Yukon Striker and Leviathan.
As for the real thing, Wonderland’s opening has been postponed this year to mid-May and the park is continuing to monitor the situation to see how their schedule will be impacted.
“For 2020 Season Passholders, we will be adding days to the park’s operating calendar to accommodate for the days the park is temporarily closed (against the original 2020 operating calendar). Additionally, 2020 Season Passholders will enjoy added-value benefits to be announced at the time of park opening,” according to a statement from Canada’s Wonderland.
For more information, click here.
Photo courtesy of Canada’s Wonderland on Youtube
- UPDATE: Record-Breaking Roller Coaster Opening Soon at Canada's Wonderland
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
- 5 Rides That Used to Exist at Canada's Wonderland
- Brand New, Record-Breaking Roller Coaster Built at Canada's Wonderland
- Canada’s Wonderland announces intention to open park May 14
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario