Here’s How to Order Restaurant Food to Pearson Airport for the First Time Ever
Most Canadians (or perhaps just Ontarians) are aware that Pearson International Airport is the biggest airport in Canada and the second busiest in all of North America (it welcomed 50 million passengers in 2018), but not everyone knows that it's the first airport in the world to partner with Uber Eats.
As part of a pilot program--the first of its kind in the world--Toronto Pearson, Uber Eats and HMSHost have partnered to bring Uber Eats to the international and domestic departures area in Terminal 3.
So, how will it work?
Using the Uber Eats app, passengers can choose to have food from an HMSHost restaurant delivered right to their gate.
That means passengers can order anything from burgers, burritos and smoked meat to shawarma, shepherd’s pie and fish and chips. Some participating restaurants include Caplansky’s Deli, Paramount Fine Foods, Smoke’s Burritorie, Smashburger and Fionn MacCools.
“Just last month, Toronto Pearson was voted by passengers as the Best Large Airport in North America as part of Airports Council International’s Airport Service Quality program,” said Scott Collier, vice president, customer and terminal services at the Greater Toronto Airports Authority, in a statement.
“We also received the Most Improved Airport in North America recognition, and this innovative partnership with Uber Eats and HMSHost, unlike among airports worldwide, underscores our commitment to continued innovation in passenger service. We couldn’t be more excited to pilot this innovative offering for international and domestic passengers in Terminal 3.”
Pearson and Uber Eats’ pilot is scheduled to run to the third quarter of 2019, and is available at gates B22-B41 and C30-C36 in Terminal 3.
“Uber Eats’ partnership with Toronto Pearson is a perfect example of how our platform is creating unique experiences in unexpected places, beyond rides,” said Marcus Womack, head of Global Airport Products at Uber.
“We’re making the dining experience a more convenient part of travel, in one of the world’s most innovative airports, one meal at a time.”
Will you be using Uber Eats at Pearson soon?
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga named best airport in North America for fourth year in a row
- There's a New Way to Leave Pearson Airport
- Here’s Why Toronto Pearson Airport Was Recently Recognized
- Here’s Where Mississauga's Toronto Pearson Ranks on the List of Best Airports
- Did You Know You Can Get Uber at Pearson Airport in Mississauga?
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario