Here’s How Much Gas Prices Will Rise This Long Weekend in Mississauga
If you plan on travelling to a cottage or other destination this Canada Day long weekend, you might want to fill up today.
According to Dan McTeague, senior petroleum analyst at Gas Buddy, prices are expected to rise in Toronto, the GTA, Ottawa, London, Hamilton, Barrie, Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, Niagara and Windsor.
Drivers can expect a 3 cent a litre increase on Friday, June 28.
That will bring prices up to 126.9 cents a litre in the GTA.
McTeague says most cities across Ontario will be affected.
Alert: #Toronto #GTA #Ottawa #LdnOnt #Hamilton #Barrie #KW #Guelph #Niagara #Windsor and most cities across #Ontario to a 3 cent a litre increase for Friday June 28. (To 126.9 cts/l in the GTA). Hikes related to closure of Philadelphia refinery— Dan McTeague (@GasPriceWizard) June 27, 2019
As for what’s driving the prices, McTeague says the hikes are related to the closure of a Philadelphia refinery.
So if you want to save a few bucks, it might be best to fill up sooner rather than later.
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Man charged in death of Burlington man at Cayuga racetrack
- It could be weeks before Mississauga sees the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots