Here's How McDonald's Canada is Supporting Charities Across the Country
McDonald’s Canada actively works to support charities across the country, and a big day for the company is quickly approaching.
Tomorrow, May 8, 2019, will mark the company’s 26th annual McHappy Day.
On McHappy Day, $1 from every Big Mac, Happy Meal, and any hot McCafe beverage sold, will go to the Ronald McDonald House (RMHC) - an independent charity, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, and operated by staff and volunteers from the McDonalds company - and children’s charities across the country.
“Every 20 minutes, a family arrives on the doorsteps of a Ronald McDonald House or Family Room across the country in need of support,” Cathy Loblaw, President & CEO of RMHC Canada, said in a recent press release.
McHappy Day is one of the country’s largest annual charity drives.
Anyone who wants to support McHappy Day can do so by purchasing one of the products mentioned above, or, if they are unable to make it out to a McDonald’s location, by ordering McHappy Day menu items through McDelivery with Uber Eats and SkipTheDishes where available.
According to the release, in 2018 more than $6.1-million was raised on McHappy Day alone.
“Funds raised on McHappy Day go directly towards helping these families stay close to their sick child while their child is being treated at a nearby hospital, and making their difficult journey a little easier. We are forever grateful for the support of McDonald’s and their guests,” Loblaw said.
Click here to learn more about McHappy Day and the RMHC.
- McDonald's is Selling 67 Cent Hamburgers in Mississauga This Week
- McDonald’s Canada Launches Exciting New Menu Item
- A Popular McDonald's Item is Coming Back to Mississauga and Beyond
- Here’s How You Can Get Cheap Ice Cream at McDonald’s Locations in Mississauga
- Big Changes Coming to a Popular McDonald's Meal
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Magnificent $8.8 Mil Mansion with Luxurious Indoor Pool