Here's Exactly How Hot it's Going to Get This Week in Mississauga
It’s getting hot in here, Mississauga.
Some of us love it and some of us hate it - the heat has been scorching and the heat alerts have persisted for days now, and Canada Day long weekend was just the beginning.
This week, you might want to stay indoors and you’ll definitely want to stay hydrated.
According to The Weather Network, scorching heat and dangerous humidity are in the forecast for Ontario’s work week.
It’s going to feel like the high 30s or low 40s for the week of July 3-5.
In fact, the weather giant predicts it’s going to feel like 43 C on Thursday July 5.
This is the most intense heat event in years, according to The Weather Network.
And Environment Canada agrees.
“After a slightly cooler morning, daytime highs in the low thirties will continue today through Thursday. Humidex values will be in the mid to high thirties [on Tuesday], and near low forties for Wednesday and Thursday,” reads a recent statement from Environment Canada.
“Overnight low temperatures are expected to be in the low twenties, except high teens in some rural areas, providing little or no relief from the heat.”
According to The Weather Network, a cold front will pass through late Thursday to bring down temperatures slightly, but there’s also a risk of thunderstorms.
The primary threats?
Torrential downpours and strong winds.
“However, as is typical with summer thunderstorms, not everyone will see significant rain,” Weather Network meteorologist Dr. Doug Gillham said in a statement.
“We will finally get some significant relief from the heat and humidity during the day on Friday and especially during the weekend.”
Saturday and Sunday will cool down, according to The Weather Network. It’s going to be near seasonal.
“But it will only be a brief break, as heat and humidity rebuild once again into the second week of July,” said Gillham.
Into mid-July, we’re set to see more comfortable temperatures, and it’s unlikely we’ll see another heatwave comparable to this one for the remainder of the summer.
Stay hydrated and gear up for 43 C!
- Extreme Heat and Humidity Predicted for Mississauga This Week
- Thunderstorms, heat and humidity expected in Mississauga's weekend forecast
- Forecasts Show Extreme Heat For Mississauga This Week
- Extreme Weather Statement in Effect for Mississauga
- Mississauga Heat Warning in Effect for Thursday and Friday
- Trudeau pushes back against travel restrictions as Mississauga's Pearson Airport continues to see COVID-19 cases
- Two people dead following single-car crash in Mississauga
- One postal code in Mississauga has a startling 21% COVID-19 positivity rate
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, vaccines and the India flight ban – May 7, 2021
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges