Here’s a Travel Bucket List for Canada
Who doesn't love a good ol' bucket list? It is trendy and Canadians love it.
A holiday in high-octane Tokyo or a glimpse of the ruins in Rome - your list may have several destinations across the globe, but what about a tour around Canada?
A recent survey by the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) revealed that 59 per cent Canadians have or plan to make a bucket list and mostly seek Canadian experiences.
Author and travel writer Robin Esrock, along with IHG came up with a bucket list of 25 experiences to inspire travel throughout Canada.
While a bucket list builds aspirations and helps you set goals, survey findings show that 91 per cent Canadians fail to achieve their list.
So, it's a good idea to stay local or travel within your province and build your way up.
It's time to get your pencils ready and start putting together a small list that you could achieve.
Here's what's on Esrock's list that'll help you with recommendations.
1. Go underground in the Diefenbunker in Carp, ON.
2. Conquer the CN Tower Edgewalk in Toronto, ON.
3. Gaze across the Ouimet Canyon in Pass Lake, ON
4. Feel the mist at Horseshow Falls in Niagara Falls, ON
5. Experience the Shakespeare Festival in Stratford, ON
6. Cross the Capilano Suspension Bridge in Vancouver, BC
7. Go for Gold at the Richmond Olympic Oval in Richmond, BC
8. Witness the sockeye salmon run in Kamloops, BC
9. Cycle along Okanagan Valley's wine route in BC
10. See a fiesta of hot air balloons in Vernon, BC
11. Stomp your hat at the Calgary Stampede in Calgary, AB
12. Try to spot Canada's national animal in Hinton, AB
13. Go back in time in Wembley, AB
14. Slip and Slide at the West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton, AB
15. Devour a smoked meat sandwich in Montreal, QC
16. Ice canoe across the St. Lawrence in Quebec City, QC
17. Scale the Via Ferrata du Diable in Mont-Tremblant, QC
18. Celebrate Canada at the Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau, QC
19. Roll up the Magnetic Hill in Moncton, NB
20. Arm a cannon at the Citadel in Halifax, NS
21. Get 'screeched in' in St. Johnes, NL
22. Salute the CMP Heritage Centre in Regina, SK
23. Embrace the indigenous history in Saskatoon, SK
24. Ponder big issues at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights in Winnipeg, MB
25. Stand beneath a polar bear in Winnipeg, MB.
What’s the first thing you’re planning to cross off this list?
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Major road closed in aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Environment Canada issues snowfall warning for Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario