Here Is What You Need To Know About The Raptors' Games At Celebration Square
Ever since the Toronto Raptor’s enjoyed a history-making win against the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday, May 25, fans from Mississauga and the rest of Canada have been going crazy. Earlier this week, Mississauga said that it will be able to show the games at the city’s biggest gathering spot.
“We are excited to announce that we have just received the rights to show the Raptors NBA finals games on our Celebration Square screens. Our team, at the Square, is just working out all the logistics and will release the detailed schedule and plans later tomorrow,” Celebration Square staff said in an email to insauga.com.
Mayor Bonnie Crombie also said, “we are very excited to announce that Celebration Square in Mississauga will be transformed into Jurassic Park West for the NBA Finals! I can’t think of a better place for Mississaugans and all those living out west to come together to cheer on the Raptors! Starting this Thursday, we will also be raising the Raptor’s flag at City Hall and lighting our clock tower red and black on game nights.”
Today (May 30), Celebration Square is set to turn into Jurassic Park West with the first game of the NBA finals between the Toronto Raptors and Golden State Warriors.
The city has just released the official schedule for the games and pre-show events.
Well-known GTA DJ, DJ Andre 905, will have a spin some tunes live before the games. DJ Andre 905 is known for his taste in Hip Hop, Soca and Reggae music.
The game does affect movie night at Celebration Square. But not to worry, the city will be playing 90s classic Space Jam at 6:30 p.m tonight. The game will affect one other movie night on June 13. The city will announce when they will play that movie closer to the date.
The city will also station basketball nets on City Centre Drive for fans to play. There will also be “Porch vendors” and food trucks stationed near the square.
Celebration Square will turn red to amplify the whole game experience.
So, grab your lawn chairs or mats and come join the city at Celebration Square for the first game of the finals.
For those of you who do not know, the game dates are:
Game 1: Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 9:00 pm
Game 2: Sunday, June 2, 2019 - 8:00 pm
Game 3: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 - 9:00 pm
Game 4: Friday, June 7, 2019 - 9:00 pm
Game 5: Monday, June 10, 2019 - 9:00 pm*
Game 6: Thursday, June 13, 2019 - 9:00 pm*
Game 7: Sunday, June 16, 2019 - 9:00 pm*
* if necessary
Photos courtesy of the Toronto Raptor’s Instagram
- Raptor’s Games Will Be Shown at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Here Is Everything You Need To Know About Tonight's Raptor's Game Playing At Celebration Square
- Catch Raptors Games at Celebration Square
- Catch Euro 2016 Games at Celebration Square This Summer
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Game 6 at Jurassic Park West in Mississauga
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery
- Brampton councillor ordered to pay court costs after losing case against city