Here are the highest paid City of Mississauga employees
Published March 27, 2023 at 12:30 pm
The list of City of Mississauga employees earning more than $100,000 continues has grown significantly.
The Public Sector Salary Disclosure for 2022, more commonly known as the Sunshine List, has been released.
The list is released each year to identify provincial and municipal government workers who earn more than $100,000 annually. The purpose of the list is to provide transparency into the spending patterns of government bodies and agencies.
And the number of City of Mississauga employees earning more than $100,000 has jumped significantly this year. In 2021, the city had 1,501 employees on this list, compared to 1,539 in 2020.
But in 2022, there were 1,662 staff members earning $100,000 or more.
As expected, the highest earner was the City Manager Paul Mitcham who earned $296,211. Mitcham retired on Feb. 1 and had worked for the city for more than 25 years. He was promoted to city manager in 2020.
The city’s three Commissioners — Planning and Building Andrew Whittemore, Commissioner Transportation and Works Geoff Wright, and Commissioner Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer Shari Lichterman — all earn $241,824.
Whittemore joined the city staff in 2012 after working for the City of Halifax. He was promoted in 2018. Wright started with the city in 2007 and was promoted in 2016. Lichterman started working for the city in 2015, became Commissioner of Community Services in May 2020 and was promoted in June 2021.
The only elected official on the list for the city is Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie who earned $146,198 in 2022.
Other City of Mississauga staff who earned more than $200,000 in 2022 include:
- Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services District Chief, Graham Gold – $235,842
- Commissioner Community Services, Jodi Robillos – $235,535
- Director of Transit, Geoff Marinoff – $222,313
- Fire Chief Deryn Rizzi – $221,532
- Director, Works Operations and Maintenance Helen Noehammer – $213,877
- City Solicitor Andra Maxwell-Baker – $213,414
- Director, Building and Chief Building Officer Ezio Savini – $213,414
- Director, Traffic Management and Municipal Parking Andrew W. Harvey – $213,109
- Director, Human Resources Lori A. Kelly – $212,977
- Director, Facilities and Property Management Raj Sheth – $212,646
- Director, City Planning Strategies Jason Bevan $212,528
- Director, Finance and Treasurer Jeffrey Jackson $206,014
- Director, Information Technology and Chief Information Officer Helen Chin Donofrio – $202,043
- Director, Rapid Transit Program Office – Giuseppe Perrotta – $201,273
Editors note: This story was updated on March 28 to correct an error on the number of years Shari Lichterman has worked for the City of Mississauga. insauga.com regrets the error.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising