Here are the Cheapest Homes For Sale in Mississauga Right Now
We all know that housing in Mississauga and the GTA has become prohibitively expensive, with detached houses costing buyers up to $1 million and condos selling for well over $400,000.
According to real estate company Zoocasa, the average home price in Mississauga in October (which consists of all home types combined), sits at $693,920 (a little below the high it hit in September).
But while it's not likely that budget-conscious buyers will be able to find genuinely cheap properties in the city, there are some houses that are more affordable—and therefore perfect for buyers who don't want to overstretch their resources.
"Mississauga home prices may be on the rise again, but with the right tools, home buyers can still find affordable properties," Real Estate Wire (REW) said in an email to insauga.com.
"According to the Canadian Real Estate Association, (CREA) the average price of a residential property in Mississauga rose to $734,901 in September 2018, an increase of 9.6% from September 2017. It's significantly higher than the national average sale price, which is $487,000, according to CREA."
But REW reiterates that that doesn't mean you can't find affordable pockets in the city.
In fact, you can find detached houses in Streetsville, Meadowvale, Lakeview, Mississauga Valley and Malton for well under $1 million.
According to REW.ca, of the 1,303 active listings in Mississauga, these are the 8 most affordable houses this week:
To see the evolving list of REW.ca's rundown of the most affordable (and most expensive houses) in Mississauga, click here.
- Check if Your Street Has Been Snow Plowed in Mississauga
- Road Closed After Vehicle Collides with Bus in Mississauga
- A Restaurant That Suddenly Closed is Finally Reopening in Mississauga
- Doug Ford Gives Former Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion a New Job
- Mississauga Man Involved in Transport Truck Rollover in Milton
- Are Foreign Buyers Eyeing Mississauga Real Estate?
- Stats Show Buyers Afraid of Real Estate Market in Mississauga and Beyond
- A Look at the Most Expensive (and Cheapest) Houses in Mississauga
- You Can Now Find Out What Houses in Your Neighbourhood are Selling For in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Elegant $1.9 Mil Home With Spectacular Spa-Style Master Bath