Here Are The Best Places To Watch The Sunset In Mississauga
The weather is getting warmer, which means the long summer days are finally back. If you’re planning the perfect date, family night or just curious about the best locations, the city just released a list of the best places to catch the sunset. We narrowed the locations down to the top five to make it a little easier! Luckily, they are all in Mississauga so you do not have to drive far from your home.
Located in the heart of Mississauga’s Lakeshore, this spot gives a view of the Credit River, harbour, and the village of Port Credit. This iconic red and white lighthouse is a true beacon to sailors. It also has one of the best views in the city! So, grab your blankets and get cozy while watching the sunset. The Lighthouse is the most photographed building in Mississauga and is home to the Port Credit Business Association.
Located near the Bradley Museum and Meadowwood Park, this is one of the best locations to watch the sunset while having a clear view of the Toronto skyline. Located by Lake Ontario, the Watersedge Park features a beach, trees and lots of benches where you can watch the sunset. You can also visit the Rattray Marsh, which is nearby.
One of the coolest locations on the list is Danville Park. Whether you visit to watch planes land and take off or watch the sunset (or both), the park is one of the best places to do so. The park also includes a premiere cricket site and a toboggan hill. The city just added a new jet takeoff and landing viewing area to the park.
The BraeBen Golf Course is one of the most picturesque locations in Mississauga. The highest viewpoint at the golf course boasts a panoramic view of the dramatic landforms, hills and scenic terrain. Whether you prefer to play golf while watching the sunset or sit on the hills, this golf course will truly make your moments there perfect.
The Brueckner Rhododendron Gardens has one of Canada’s largest collections of rhododendrons and azaleas. With 18-acres of parkland, this park boasts a floral garden and the perfect view of the sunset. Located near the shore of Lake Ontario, this location is perfect to see any time of the year. However, the peak season for the floral display in May and June.
Photo courtesy of the City of Mississauga.
- 5 Amazing Places to See the Sunset in Mississauga
- Mississauga restaurant sparks debate after making controversial post about tipping on Instagram
- Canada Post urging Mississauga customers to reset their passwords
- 8 Things You've Probably Experienced Growing Up in Port Credit in Mississauga
- Port Credit Harbour Way Back in the Day
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton to enter the grey/lockdown zone of the province’s COVID-19 framework
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Ontario will decide today what level of restrictions to place Mississauga and Brampton