Heavy snowfall to hit Mississauga
If you’re a fan of the fluffy white stuff, get ready to celebrate — we’re getting our first (significant) snow of the season.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for snowfall expected throughout the day on Sunday.
Snow is expected to begin falling Sunday morning, with 5 to 10 cm of snow possible before the snow tapers off overnight.
“An exception will be areas near Lake Ontario where snow will be very wet. This should preclude significant accumulations in areas near the lake,” Environment Canada says.
Travel is expected to be impacted due to the snowfall, and residents should be prepared for winter weather driving conditions.
UPDATED: November 22, 2020 - 8:16 a.m.
Snow is forecast to begin this morning. For areas north and west of the Golden Horseshoe, 7 to 14 cm of accumulation will be possible by the time the snow tapers off tonight.
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Six new COVID-19 cases reported at Mississauga and Brampton grocery stores this week
- Canada paid a premium to get doses from Pfizer earlier than planned
- BREAKING: Province shortens AstraZeneca second dose to 8 weeks in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario