Heavy snowfall to hit Mississauga
If you’re a fan of the fluffy white stuff, get ready to celebrate — we’re getting our first (significant) snow of the season.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for snowfall expected throughout the day on Sunday.
Snow is expected to begin falling Sunday morning, with 5 to 10 cm of snow possible before the snow tapers off overnight.
“An exception will be areas near Lake Ontario where snow will be very wet. This should preclude significant accumulations in areas near the lake,” Environment Canada says.
Travel is expected to be impacted due to the snowfall, and residents should be prepared for winter weather driving conditions.
UPDATED: November 22, 2020 - 8:16 a.m.
Snow is forecast to begin this morning. For areas north and west of the Golden Horseshoe, 7 to 14 cm of accumulation will be possible by the time the snow tapers off tonight.
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga