Heat Warning Issued for Mississauga
A heat warning is currently in effect for the city of Mississauga.
Temperatures reached 31 degrees on Friday and only dropped to around 20 degrees early this morning, Environment Canada reports. This is expected to happen again today and later tonight, with the overall heat and humidity expected to feel close to 40 degrees.
This two-day event will meet the heat warning criteria, according to EC.
Citizens are advised to avoid the heat if possible, drink plenty of water, and look out for symptoms of heat illness: swelling, rash, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the worsening of some health conditions.
Stay cool, Mississauga!
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga had 24 international and 4 domestic flights with COVID-19 cases
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month