Heat Warning Issued for Mississauga
A heat warning is currently in effect for the city of Mississauga.
Temperatures reached 31 degrees on Friday and only dropped to around 20 degrees early this morning, Environment Canada reports. This is expected to happen again today and later tonight, with the overall heat and humidity expected to feel close to 40 degrees.
This two-day event will meet the heat warning criteria, according to EC.
Citizens are advised to avoid the heat if possible, drink plenty of water, and look out for symptoms of heat illness: swelling, rash, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the worsening of some health conditions.
Stay cool, Mississauga!
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Federal government identifies multiple flights that landed at Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- Driver in custody after driving without a tire in Mississauga