Heat warning in effect for Mississauga this weekend
Get ready for some intense heat and lots of it.
Environment Canada says a hot and increasingly humid air mass will affect south-central Ontario and the GTA from Friday to at least Sunday, with daytime highs of 31 to 34 degrees Celsius (feeling more like high 30s to low 40s).
Overnight lows of 20 to 24 degrees Celsius will, unfortunately, provide little relief from the heat.
Slightly cooler and less humid conditions may arrive on Monday, and more rainy weather is expected starting on Tuesday.
Residents are reminded to stay cool and watch out for signs of heat illness, such as swelling, rash, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, and the worsening of some health conditions.
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity
- Canada Post reports more cases of COVID found at Mississauga's Gateway facility