Heat advisory in effect for Mississauga, Brampton
A heat advisory is in effect for Mississauga and Brampton.
Environment Canada is warning of extremely high temperatures on Tuesday (May 25)--with highs reaching 33 degrees Celsius, 38 with the humidex.
Additionally, temperatures are expected to remain in the 20's throughout the night, meaning the night will provide little relief from the heat.
Residents are encouraged to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water.
Additionally, Environment Canada warns that older adults, infants and young children, and people with chronic illnesses, are especially vulnerable to the heat.
However, temperatures are expected to drop slightly on Wednesday (May 26).
- Heat warning currently in effect in Mississauga
- Weather warning issued for heat, humidity in Mississauga and Brampton
- Heat warning in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- Heat warning in effect this weekend leading into next week in Mississauga
- Heat warning expected to last into next week in Mississauga
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other