Health Officials Say Residents Might Have Been Exposed to Measles in Mississauga
If you’ve been around Pearson Airport in the last week or so, you might want to go to a doctor.
Peel Public Health has issued a notice saying that on January 27, people may have been exposed to a confirmed case of measles during the following flights and areas of the airport:
- Lufthansa flight LH-470, from Frankfurt to Toronto (Pearson Airport, arrival at 4:08 pm)
- Air Canada flight AC-834 or LH-6829, from Toronto (Pearson Airport, departure at 6:00 pm) to Montreal
- Pearson International Airport (Terminal 1) from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
All individuals who may have been exposed are advised to do the following:
- Check your immunization record: Make sure you and your family members are up to date with the measles vaccination (noted as the "MMR" or "MMRV" on records). Two doses are recommended for anyone born after 1969. If you are unsure about your vaccination status, please check with your health care provider. In general, those born before 1970 are considered immune against measles.
- Watch for signs and symptoms: Symptoms of measles can appear up until 21 days after exposure. These include a high fever, cold-like symptoms (cough/runny nose), sore eyes or sensitivity to light, small spots with a white centre on the inside of the mouth, and a red rash lasting four to seven days.
- Reduce the risk of spreading to others: If you think you may have measles and need to see a health care provider, you must call ahead to inform them that you may have been exposed. This will allow health care staff to take the necessary precautions to reduce the risk of infection and protect others visiting the office, clinic or hospital.
For more information about measles, click here.
- Toronto Public Health Investigating Possible Measles Exposure at Pearson Airport
- Peel Public Health Warning of Possible Measles Exposure
- Measles Discovered on Flight into Mississauga
- Residents Warned Of Possible Measles Exposure
- Health Officials Investigating Measles Exposure on Flight into Mississauga
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- T&T CEO and Bonnie Crombie address racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store
- Mississauga passes mandatory mask bylaw
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 407 closed due to massive fire