Health care workers to get priority access to Loblaws stores
Health care workers will now be able to bypass lines to purchase groceries and other products at Loblaws-owned and operated stores.
On April 20, Loblaws CEO Galen Weston announced that health care workers will have priority access to most Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore and Shopper's Drug Mart locations.
"…I'm happy to share that we're now providing priority access for health care workers in almost all of our locations throughout the day. By showing their health care ID, these essential frontline employees will get priority entrance to our supermarkets and drugstores," Weston wrote in an open letter.
"We owe it to all Canadians to make things better, not harder. But that is especially true of our healthcare workers who are under incredible strain. They spend long and stressful shifts supporting directly impacted individuals, and often don't know when exactly they will be working from week to week. This uncertainty makes shopping for their own essentials very hard."
Health care workers will also receive priority access at the Shopper's Drug Mart pharmacy counters and when checking out.
"If you're a healthcare worker, we hope this helps. For everyone else, please join us in recognizing these remarkable individuals by being patient while we get them into the store as quickly as we can," Weston wrote.
- Union urging Province to ensure frontline workers receive priority access to COVID-19 vaccine
- Costco Gives Priority Access to Healthcare Workers and First Responders
- CIBC launches new rewards program for front-line health care workers
- Peel opens emergency child care centres amid COVID-19 outbreak to support health care and frontline workers
- Reprieve coming for hard-hit Brampton health care workers
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- 7 ways we can crush COVID in Mississauga and Brampton