Health Canada warning consumers of products including misleading information regarding COVID-19
Health Canada is urging Canadians to be vigilant when it comes to health products that may contain misleading claims about treating the coronavirus.
Health Canada is warning the public of products, including drugs, natural health products, homeopathic products, and medical devices, that make false or misleading claims regarding COVID-19.
According to a release, Health Canada has received reports of products such as masks, colloidal silver, some disinfectants, plant-based elixirs and formulas, hand sanitizers, Chaga mushroom blends, ultraviolet lamps, and oregano oil, making such claims, and is instructing them to remove said claims from their websites and advertising materials.
Additionally, Health Canada is urging anyone who may have purchased one or more of these products to stop using them immediately and consult a healthcare professional if they have any questions.
Further, Health Canada is instructing consumers to check if a drug or natural health product and its claims have been authorized by Health Canada by looking for an eight-digit Drug Identification Number (DIN), Natural Product Number (NPN) or Homeopathic Drug Number (DIN-HM).
- Health Canada warning consumers not to use unauthorized skin-lightening products
- Health Canada warns against “fraudulent and unauthorized” N95 masks
- Health Canada Warning Against Use of Cream That Could Seriously Harm Children
- Health Canada removes sexual enhancement product from Mississauga grocery store
- Health Canada issues warning over bubble bath product
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccinations this week
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen