Health Canada issues multiple major recalls due to safety concerns
Several products are being recalled from stores shelves due to potential safety hazards.
A recent recall from Health Canada involves the Champion 42 cc Backpack Leaf Blower Model #100735, which was sold at Canadian Tire locations from January 2019 to March 2021.
In some leaf blowers the plastic engine cover can melt and in rare cases could catch on fire, which can cause bodily injury during use.
“As of April 16, 2021 Champion has received 4 reports of incidents in Canada. None of these incidents involves personal injury,” Health Canada said.
Approximately 1,485 affected leaf blowers were sold in Canada.
Residents who own this product are advised to immediately stop using it and contact Champion Technical Support Team at (888) 648-1056 or by email: recall [at] cpeauto [dot] com.
Another recent recall involves certain StaRite and Mastertemp gas fired pool heaters, with a specific model number that were manufactured between December 22, 2020 to January 6, 2021.
A connection in the heater can leak the combustible air-gas mixture, posing a fire hazard.
The following products are affected:
As of March 23, 2021, the company has received no reports of incidents or injuries in Canada or the United States.
Residents who own this product are advised to immediately stop using it and contact Pentair Water Pool and Spa, Inc. to arrange for a free service visit to have the nuts tightened to the specified torque.
Photos: Health Canada
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- Health Canada issues warning over bubble bath product
- Health Canada issues warning after reports of ceiling fan flying apart and injuring people
- Popular Baby Product Recalled for Being a Fire Hazard
- Health Canada Recalls More Than 5000 Child Strollers from Mississauga-Based Manufacturer
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Popular Korean-style hotdogs joint coming to Mississauga
- No criminal circumstances in death of Brampton child, say police