Head of Ontario’s vaccination distribution task force visits Mississauga Hospital’s vaccine clinic
On Tuesday (January 12), Trillium Health Partners (THP) hosted retired General Rick Hillier, lead of Ontario's vaccine distribution task force, on a tour of Mississauga Hospital's vaccine clinic.
Joining Hillier on the tour were THP President and CEO Michelle DiEmanuele, and Chief of Staff Dr. Dante Morra.
Since December 21, THP has been vaccinating long-term care workers and high-risk congregate setting health care workers, followed by high-risk THP staff and first responders in accordance with federal and provincial government direction.
Additionally, as Ontario continues to increase vaccinations, THP has partnered with Peel Regional Paramedics to administer vaccines to long-term care workers and other priority groups.
- Hamilton to begin bringing COVID-19 vaccine to residents at long-term care and high-risk homes
- Long-term care workers express relief, hope at pilot COVID-19 vaccine clinic
- Ontario says lockdown regions such as Mississauga first in line for vaccine distribution
- Mississauga long-term care nurse becomes first to receive COVID-19 vaccine in hard-hit Peel
- 50,000 doses of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine expected to arrive in Ontario today
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- 24 flights with COVID-19 cases confirmed this week at Pearson Airport in Mississauga