Have your say about the future of Georgetown Go Station area development
Published February 13, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Halton Hills residents are invited to a public open house about the future of the Georgetown GO Station area development.
The Georgetown GO Station Area/Mill Street Corridor Secondary Plan Review virtual public open house is being held Feb. 27 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The Town is looking for community input on project components including cultural and natural heritage, transportation, urban design, open space and parks and sustainability.
The virtual presentation will feature the work completed since last year’s open house and will include a question-and-answer period.
The evening’s agenda will focus on:
- background review findings and public response to date
- the revised vision statement and guiding principles
- draft land use alternatives and resident feedback
- next steps
The original Georgetown GO Station Area/Mill Street Corridor secondary plan was adopted in 2010.
Key priorities for the review include:
- Balancing redevelopment and intensification objectives, while preserving existing low-density neighbourhoods
- Identifying the potential for transit-oriented development in areas closest to the Georgetown GO Station
- Ensuring the objectives of the Mill Street Corridor Precinct Neighbourhood Study are considered in the secondary plan update.
The two-year project, carried out over four phases, will be informed by public input and various technical studies while building on the key objectives of the original plan.
To register, visit here.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising