Hamilton's The Trews take the ice at FirstOntario Centre in new pandemic-themed song
It doesn’t take long to figure out where The Trews decided to film the music video for their new song, “I Wanna Play.”
The parking garage facing York Boulevard, the black and gold paint on the walls, and of course, the Hamilton Bulldogs logo at centre ice.
I mean, it was clearly shot during a pandemic. Might as well stay home.
The Hamilton-based rock band set up shop inside FirstOntario Centre and lined up around the faceoff dot to belt out their new tune.
With lyrics like, “I’m gonna finish Netflix in a global pandemic” and “I’m not alright, I’m here alone tonight,” it might as well be the official anthem of the last year and a bit.
The group has been around since 1997 and currently consists of vocalist Colin MacDonald, guitarist John-Angus MacDonald, bassist Jack Syperek, and drummer Chris Gormley. When touring, they’re joined by Jeff Heisholt, who plays keyboards and provides backing vocals.
The Trews have been nominated for six Junos, 17 East Coast Music Awards (the band was founded in Antigonish, Nova Scotia), and four US-based awards — winning Best Hard Rock Song in 2008 for “Hold Me in Your Arms” and Best AAA/Alternative Song International Acoustic in 2010 for “Sing Your Heart Out.”
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Peel Public Health orders Mississauga business to close due to outbreak of COVID-19
- Starbucks close two Brampton locations to deal with COVID-19