Hamilton’s first homicide victim of 2021 identified as Ethan MacCullouch
Hamilton Police have confirmed that they are investigating the city's first homicide of 2021.
In a news release, police said that on Monday (Feb. 1), at approximately 9:00 a.m., they responded to a sudden death incident at 94 MacNab Street.
Upon arrival, police say 35-year-old Ethan MacCullouch was found dead in his apartment.
Hamilton Police Forensics Services attended the address and processed the scene and it was confirmed that the man was a victim of homicide. However, the cause of death is not being released at this time.
Investigators are asking the public for their assistance in locating any video surveillance dating back to last Thursday (Jan. 28) as they do not believe the man was murdered in the last 24 hours.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective David Brewster at 905-546-4067.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online.
- Hamilton Police investigate city's first homicide of 2021
- 22-year-old Hamilton man charged in death of Ethan MacCullouch
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspicious death in Mississauga now ruled a homicide
- Police seeking public's assistance in locating vehicle connected to homicide in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents 80 and older can now book their vaccines
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”