Hamilton to open outdoor pools on time
Hamiltonians can start marking off the days until they can take a dip in one of the city's outdoor swimming pools.
While providing a COVID-19 update to city councillors on Wednesday, City of Hamilton emergency operations manager Paul Johnson said the city will open on a normal schedule, meaning June 28. The date is dependent on when qualified lifeguards who are also high schools students are available to work.
Johnson said that with city-run indoor pools and pools at fitness clubs both closed, the city might extend the hours at outdoor pools to allow for seniors swims, and reserved hours for swimming lengths.
A provincial stay-at-home order is set to expire at 12 a.m. Thursday (June 3), but indoor gatherings are still prohibited.
- Hamilton's outdoor pools open next week. Here's what you need to know before you go
- Hamilton's city-run rec centres, pools likely to open July 26
- Mississauga ready to open City operated fitness centres, arenas, pools and libraries
- Oakville public outdoor swimming pools will open this Friday
- Brampton splashpads, pools are great places to beat the heat
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Police responding to males trying to jump from bridge into Credit River in Mississauga