Hamilton street closed as hazmat team works
Hamilton firefighters closed Scenic Drive late Wednesday night to allow hazardous materials specialists to deal with a pressing situation.
Scenic Drive was closed between Lavender Drive and Mohawk Road due to the investigation. Photos shared on social media showed firefighters in hazmat suits at work. The situation is not believed to be a threat to public safety, but Hamilton Police Service is asking the public to avoid the area.
Just spoke with @HamiltonPolice on-duty Staff Sergeant.— Joey Coleman (@JoeyColeman) June 17, 2021
NO concern for public safety.
Police are asking the public to respect police tape, not go to the scene, and enable emergency officials to deal with the matter.
Again, no public safety concern. #HamOnt https://t.co/blYHmHZmfN
- West Hamilton street closed in police investigation
- UPDATE: Hamilton street closed after collision
- Police and hazmat respond to suspicious package in Hamilton
- UPDATE: Hamilton road closed after collision involving motorcyclist
- Section of Hamilton's Red Hill Valley Parkway closed due to disabled vehicle
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- New go-karting track opening in Mississauga
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children