One Hamilton postal code has an alarming 22% COVID-19 positivity
One area in Hamilton is among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario and recently rose to 22% COVID-19 positivity.
Toronto-based research group ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of May 2 to 8.
Hamilton postal code L8R (area of York Blvd from Wellington St N to McQuesten High Level Bridge) had the fourth highest positivity at 22.34% (rising from 21.98% the previous week).
Hamilton's overall positivity is 8.39%, ranking 6th out of Ontario's 34 public health units.
Ontario itself is listed 9th at 7.73%.
The top 15 public health units are listed above
As of May 3, overall vaccine coverage among adults in Ontario was 40% (compared to 34% the previous week), with the highest coverage in those aged 75 years and up.
The full data is available to read here.
Data courtesy of ICES
- Hamilton postal code has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- A Hamilton postal code has a 21.98% COVID-19 positivity rate
- Hamilton postal code reporting 11% COVID-19 positivity
- 3 Hamilton areas reporting some of the highest COVID-19 positivity in Ontario
- This neighbourhood in Hamilton among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery
- UPDATE: Section of 401 in Halton closed after collision