Hamilton postal code reporting 11% COVID-19 positivity
While COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in an area) are declining across the province, three areas in Hamilton are still reporting relatively high rates.
Toronto-based research group ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of May 30 to June 5.
Of the top 50 listed, three are in Hamilton:
L8E, Stoney Creek at 11.70%
8th highest percent positivity area in Ontario
L8R (area of York Blvd from Wellington St N to McQuesten High Level Bridge) at 8.26%
26th highest percent positivity area in Ontario
L8K (area of Red Hill Valley Pkwy and King St E) at 7.29%
41st highest percent positivity area in Ontario
The same data for the week indicates that out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Hamilton continues to have the third worst COVID-19 positivity.
For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of May 30 was 3.1%, a drop from 4.3% the previous week -- but ICES says the true incidence of COVID-19 is likely being underestimated as testing continues to decrease.
Ontario has reached 68% overall vaccine coverage among those aged 12 and up, a 5% increase from the previous week.
The full data is available to read here.
- Hamilton postal code has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- 3 Hamilton areas reporting some of the highest COVID-19 positivity in Ontario
- One Burlington area is reporting a high COVID-19 positivity
- This neighbourhood in Hamilton among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- This area in Mississauga has almost 20% COVID-19 positivity, 4th highest in Ontario
- Ontario asking feds to ensure that Mississauga and Ontario residents with mixed doses can travel abroad
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Arrest follows armed robbery of retail location in Brampton earlier this month