Hamilton postal code has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
One area in Hamilton is among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of February 28 to March 6.
Of the top 50 listed, one is located in Hamilton: L8N at 7.14% (area of Main St E and Wellington St).
It was listed as having the 23rd highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario.
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of February 28 was 2.7% (versus 2.5% the previous week)," ICES reported. "The percent positivity was lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.3%), compared to those not living in long-term care (2.7%)."
Out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Hamilton has the seventh highest COVID-19 percent positivity at 2.71%.
Thunder Bay was listed first at 5.77%, and Ontario overall was listed eighth at 2.67%.
The top ten public health units are listed above
The full data is available to read here.
- This neighbourhood in Hamilton among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Milton postal code has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Four postal codes in Mississauga with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers