Hamilton pool re-opens after $3.2 million upgrade that includes beach-style entry
Published July 15, 2022 at 9:42 am
Parkdale Outdoor Pool in Hamilton will officially re-open after closing in Nov. 2020 for $3.2 million in upgrades.
The city will hold an official grand re-opening on July 20, at 12 p.m. at 1770 Main St. East.
The pool itself has been replaced with a heated version that includes a beach-style entryway, accessibility and water features, and a significant upgrade to the 2,543.5 square foot change house, which includes:
- a storage room
- a mechanical room for pool equipment and filters
- a chlorine room
- electrical/janitor closets
- gender-specific and universal washrooms and accessible shower
- an open-style change room with an additional four closed change stalls
- a staff and lifeguard house with a dedicated washroom and reception space
The public is invited to attend the formal ribbon-cutting ceremony, with light refreshments, giveaways, and a free open swim.
City staff, including Mayor Fred Eisenberger and Ward 4 Councillor Sam Merulla, will attend.