Hamilton Police seize loaded shotgun, drugs during traffic stop; local man charged
Published January 13, 2022 at 12:41 pm
A Hamilton man is facing a laundry list of charges after police seized drugs and a loaded shotgun from a stolen car he was driving early Thursday morning (Jan. 13).
The incident unfolded in the early morning hours when police conducted a routine traffic stop in the area of Birge Street and Victoria Avenue in north Hamilton.
Police discovered that the grey Toyota Camry driven by the 22-year-old suspect had, in fact, been reported stolen.
The driver was arrested and the vehicle was seized. Inside police located a stash of illegal drugs, including meth and fentanyl, as well as a loaded modified shotgun.
The suspect is being held for a bail hearing at a Hamilton courthouse. He faces the following charges:
- Flight from Peace Officer
- Dangerous Operation
- Possession Under $5000
- Proceeds of Crime Under $5000
- Possession for the purpose – Methamphetamine
- Possession for the purpose – Fentanyl
- Possession for the purpose – Psilocybin Mushrooms
- Unauthorized possession of Firearm
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Firearm
- Careless Transport of Firearm
- Four counts of Fail to Comply Probation
- Two counts of Fail to Comply Firearm prohibition
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit anonymous tips online.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies