Hamilton police say an officer has tested positive for COVID-19
Hamilton police are notifying the public about a new case of COVID-19 within the Hamilton Police Service (HPS).
Police said today (April 2) they were made aware that a member working in the Investigative Services Division has tested positive for the virus.
The officer was last at work on Tuesday, March 30.
As with all police COVID cases, HPS is working with Public Health on contact tracing.
“All close contacts have been notified,” police said.
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source