Hamilton Police forensic team continues investigation into alleged buried baby
The Hamilton Police Service forensic team is on the scene Thursday (Feb. 25) as the investigation into reports of a buried baby continues.
Police expect the investigation to continue through Friday.
Police reported Wednesday that they received information just after midnight related to a baby being buried at a residence near Wellington St. N and Wilson.
“[We are] are investigating a report of a baby buried at the residence,” said police in an official statement. “At this time, Hamilton Police are unable to confirm the accuracy of the report.”
Two people remain in custody in relation to the investigation.
- Police investigating reports of a 'buried baby' in downtown Hamilton
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- 15 Year Old Mother Arrested for Baby's Death in Peel
- Hamilton Police officer charged with sexual assault after 5-month SIU investigation
- Police Investigating After Mississauga Man Dies in Hamilton
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga