Hamilton Police charge stepson in death of 73-year-old man
Hamilton Police upgraded a previous assault charge to 2nd Degree Murder after the death of 73-year-old George Howson.
Police responded to a call on Mar. 14 at around 3:50 p.m. at a condo-style apartment building at 1968 Main St. West.
Police say Howson was assaulted and suffered serious injuries. His 54-year-old stepson, Timothy Brown was arrested at the scene and charged with aggravated assault.
Police say Howson died of his injuries Wednesday (Mar. 24) and Brown’s charges were upgraded to 2nd Degree Murder.
Police did not provide any details on what led to the altercation but say Brown has no previous criminal history.
Both men are from Hamilton.
- 22-year-old Hamilton man charged in death of Ethan MacCullouch
- Two charged with first-degree murder after Hamilton stabbing victim dies
- Mississauga man charged with first-degree murder in Hamilton shooting
- Hamilton Police officer charged with sexual assault after 5-month SIU investigation
- Police Asking For Help To Locate Two Suspects Wanted For First-Degree Murder
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- Dump truck protest rolls onto highways in Mississauga and Brampton
- Alarming new record of COVID-19 cases set today in Mississauga and Brampton
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- 65% of all Mississauga and Brampton residents will have the vaccine by early June