Hamilton Police charge stepson in death of 73-year-old man
Hamilton Police upgraded a previous assault charge to 2nd Degree Murder after the death of 73-year-old George Howson.
Police responded to a call on Mar. 14 at around 3:50 p.m. at a condo-style apartment building at 1968 Main St. West.
Police say Howson was assaulted and suffered serious injuries. His 54-year-old stepson, Timothy Brown was arrested at the scene and charged with aggravated assault.
Police say Howson died of his injuries Wednesday (Mar. 24) and Brown’s charges were upgraded to 2nd Degree Murder.
Police did not provide any details on what led to the altercation but say Brown has no previous criminal history.
Both men are from Hamilton.
- 22-year-old Hamilton man charged in death of Ethan MacCullouch
- Assault charges in Welland upped to murder after victim's death
- Third youth arrested in connection to Hamilton stabbing death of young Peel man: Police
- Two charged with first-degree murder after Hamilton stabbing victim dies
- Police Asking For Help To Locate Two Suspects Wanted For First-Degree Murder
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga and southern Ontario
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton