Hamilton man wanted by police for attempted murder and robbery
Hamilton Police are searching for a local man accused of attempted murder and robbery. Meanwhile, a 33-year-old female from Hamilton was arrested Thursday (Feb. 10) and faces the same charges.
At approximately 11 p.m. on Wednesday, police say a 30-year-old male attended 646 Main St East,” which was a residence of an acquaintance.”
When he was invited inside, the victim was viciously attacked by the assailants, according to police.
“Two of the individuals involved in the attack stole the victim's keys and left the area in the victim's white Acura sedan,” said Hamilton Police. “Another individual attended the residence as the beating was taking place and attempted to intervene but he was unable to assist.”
Police say a call was made to 9-1-1 as a result of the disturbance.
When police attended the scene, one of the assailants reportedly jumped out a window to escape.
Meanwhile, a male was arrested near the scene as it was initially believed that he was involved, however, upon further investigation, police say it was determined he was merely a witness to this crime and was released.
“The victim was transported to a local hospital where he underwent life-saving surgery,” said Hamilton Police. “He is still listed as being in critical condition.”
The 33-year-old female resident of the apartment, Madelene Peternel, also known as Madelene Divers, returned to the scene and was arrested, according to police.
She has been charged with attempted murder and robbery.
An arrest warrant for attempted murder and robbery has been issued for 27-year-old Jason Anthony Long. He is described by police as a 5-foot-6, white male, weighing 150-pounds. He is said to have tattoo sleeves, a tear-drop tattoo under his right eye, and tattoos on both sides of his neck.
Long is known to police.
“He had a shaved head on the sides with longer hair on top, Mohawk style, at the time of the offence,” added Hamilton Police. “The weapons that were used in the attack have not all been recovered at this time. Jason Long is considered dangerous. If seen, members of the public are encouraged to call 9-1-1. Do not approach.”
Police also say the victim's stolen white Acura TLX is now missing its front bumper and is outstanding.
The scene at Main and Burris St is still being canvassed by Hamilton officers as a search warrant was being executed on Thursday. Forensic detectives were processing the scene, as well.
- 30-year-old still on life support as Hamilton murder suspect remains at-large
- Two charged with first-degree murder after Hamilton stabbing victim dies
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Shot by Police, Charged with Attempted Murder
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Masks mandatory in Mississauga until end of September, some face coverings no longer permitted
- Get second dose as soon as you can Brampton, Mississauga residents urged
- Gypsy moth blamed for mysterious rash showing up on Mississauga residents
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- Mayor wants Brampton, Mississauga residents to be able to get a hair cut sooner than scheduled