Hamilton hospitals loosen COVID-19 restrictions as cases continue to decrease
Published July 27, 2021 at 4:26 pm
Visiting guidelines across all Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) sites have been loosened as COVID-19 infection rates continue to drop and vaccination numbers continue to increase in the city.
Two visitors are now allowed at the patient’s bedside at the same time between the hours of 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Screening and masking will continue.
Visitors will still be required to:
- Pass screening to enter the hospital.
- Clean your hands when you enter the hospital and when you enter and exit the patient’s room.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). Hospital-issued masks will be provided at screening and are to be kept on for the duration of your visit.
- Avoid eating and drinking when inside patients’ rooms or on units in an effort to keep your mask on.
- Use public washrooms rather than patient washrooms.
Cafeterias at all HHS sites are still operating under modified hours.
As of Tuesday (July 27), public health is reporting 13 new COVID-19 cases, one death, and five active outbreaks.
719,256 doses of vaccine have been administered in Hamilton.
65 per cent of adults in the city are fully vaccinated and 76.7 per cent have received at least one dose. 63.5 per cent of local youth (12 and under) are fully vaccinated with 76 per cent receiving at least one dose. 55 per cent of the eligible population is fully vaccinated with 66.7 per cent receiving at least one dose.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies