Hamilton Health Sciences declares two new COVID outbreaks at its facilities
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) provided updates on current or resolved outbreaks of COVID-19 at its facilities.
A new outbreak was declared Tuesday (Mar. 23) inside Hamilton General Hospital in the Short Stay Medical Unit. Meanwhile, the outbreak in the 8W unit continues. No visitors are allowed in the areas except on compassionate grounds.
However, the outbreak at 5W--a COVID-designated unit--has been declared over.
The outbreak on F3 that was declared at Juravinski Hospital on Mar. 12 continues--as does the outbreak on F5, which was declared on Mar. 14.
Both units are closed to admissions.
An outbreak has also been declared on 3W at St. Peter's Hospital. The unit is closed to visitors except on compassionate grounds.
- Latest on three outbreaks at Hamilton Health Sciences sites
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Hamilton
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared at hospital in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- Police investigating dead body found in park in Mississauga
- Mayor of Brampton Patrick Brown and wife celebrate birth of baby girl