Hamilton Health Sciences declares two new COVID outbreaks at its facilities
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) provided updates on current or resolved outbreaks of COVID-19 at its facilities.
A new outbreak was declared Tuesday (Mar. 23) inside Hamilton General Hospital in the Short Stay Medical Unit. Meanwhile, the outbreak in the 8W unit continues. No visitors are allowed in the areas except on compassionate grounds.
However, the outbreak at 5W--a COVID-designated unit--has been declared over.
The outbreak on F3 that was declared at Juravinski Hospital on Mar. 12 continues--as does the outbreak on F5, which was declared on Mar. 14.
Both units are closed to admissions.
An outbreak has also been declared on 3W at St. Peter's Hospital. The unit is closed to visitors except on compassionate grounds.
- Latest on three outbreaks at Hamilton Health Sciences sites
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Hamilton
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared at hospital in Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February