Hamilton on Family Day - What's Open and Closed
Family Day in Hamilton falls on Monday, February 15, 2021. Family Day is not a national statutory holiday, but it is observed in Ontario as one.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some things that are typically open might be closed and there will be no major public events due to physical distancing restrictions.
Because Hamilton is currently in lockdown, social gatherings are prohibited and residents are asked to celebrate the long weekend with members of their own household exclusively. People who live alone and single-parent families are permitted to join one other household.
Most Shoppers Drug Mart locations
Restaurants that are usually open on Mondays for takeout and delivery only but call ahead to be sure
Canada Post (mail pick-up and delivery are not affected)
Federal Government offices (most services can be delivered online, offices are open by-appointment only)
Provincial Government offices
Garbage and recycling will be collected one day later
The HSR will be running on a Holiday/Sunday schedule.
No garbage pick up Monday, Feb. 15 (all waste collection will be one day later than usual)
- What's CLOSED and OPEN during lockdown in Mississauga
- City of Hamilton outlines restrictions under modified ‘Grey-Lockdown’ COVID-19 framework
- Schools in Hamilton and Halton Region will re-open on February 8
- Waste Collection Will Be Delayed Next Week in Mississauga
- These Mississauga Beer Store locations will be open this coming Civic Holiday Monday
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton students will be learning from home for the foreseeable future
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga