Hamilton Christmas Day: What’s open and closed
Published December 24, 2022 at 10:05 am
It’s Christmas time in Hamilton!
Because Christmas Day is on a Sunday, some closures in the city will extend into the start of the following week.
Here’s what’s open and closed in Hamilton on Christmas Day, Sunday, Dec. 25, 2022:
- All critical services, including Fire and Emergency Services, Traffic Services, By-Law Enforcement, Road Operations, and Security Services, will continue to operate on Christmas Day
- Hamilton trails
- Most convenience stores
- Skating rinks: Bernie Morelli Recreation Centre – Serafini Family Ice Pad, Dundas Driving Park, Freelton Community Park, Waterdown Memorial Park
- Some restaurants
- Some drug stores, such as Shoppers Drug Mart and Rexall
- Splitsville Entertainment
- Movie theatres
What’s open and closed on Christmas Day in:
Halton – Oakville, Milton, Burlington
Niagara – St Catharines, Niagara Falls, Welland
Durham – Oshawa, Whitby, Pickering
- Banks (Dec. 25 to 27)
- Beer Stores
- Canada Post (Dec. 25 to 27)
- Government offices (Dec. 25 to 27)
- Grocery stores
- Hamilton Farmers’ Market
- Independent movie cinemas
- Libraries and museums (Dec. 25 to 27)
- Recreation Centres (Dec. 25 to 27)
Waste and Recycling:
- Waste and recycling collection will resume on Monday, Dec. 26, 2022.
- HSR buses will operate a special holiday schedule with limited service from 6 am to 9 p.m.
- GO Transit will run on a Sunday schedule on Dec. 25 and a Saturday schedule on Dec. 26 and 27