Hamilton Chamber of Commerce announces Outstanding Business Achievement Awards finalists
The Hamilton Chamber of Commerce announced the finalists for the 2021 Outstanding Business Achievement Awards competition.
The winners of each category will be announced at a Virtual Gala Ceremony on June 1 at 3 p.m.
The Business of the Year award will be presented to a for-profit private business organization “whose business achievement made an outstanding contribution to Hamilton in the past year.”
Small Business (1-10 employees)
- Flores Cleaning Services
- Jet Propelled
- Laser Spa Group
Mid-Sized Business (10-50 employees)
- Eccles Auto Service
- Hamilton Discount Auto Parts
Large Business (50+ employees)
- Fibracast Ltd.
- KF Aerospace
- WalterFedy (Hamilton)
The Young Entrepreneur Award will be given to a young entrepreneur (or entrepreneurs) who are under the age of 40 and owns and operates their business in Hamilton.
- Fresh Image Print
- Miller Box Co.
The Not-for Profit Award will be presented to a not-for-profit organization that operates in Hamilton. The organization must have been in business for a minimum of 3 years.
- Goodwill, the Amity Group (Amity Goodwill Industries)
- Habitat for Humanity Hamilton
- YWCA Hamilton
COVID Champion is a new category in this year's Outstanding Business Achievement Awards -- recognizing a business that has stepped up during the pandemic, retooled its operations to support the crisis, or assisted frontline or essential workers.
- Good Shepherd Centres
- In Fine Feather Yoga
- McMaster University, Housing & Conference Services
The Accessibility Award will be presented to TownePlace Suites Hamilton “for being committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment, and creating employment opportunities for persons with disabilities,” according to the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce.
While the Century Award will be presented to both YWCA Hamilton and YMCA Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford “for their contributions to the community for over 100 years,” said the Chamber.
- Brampton's Nile organization presented with June Callwood Outstanding Achievement Award for Voluntarism
- Winners announced at 'reimagined' YWCA Hamilton Women of Distinction Awards
- Hamilton Chamber of Commerce 'welcomes' LRT commitment from province
- Hamilton business owner cashes winning Lotto Max ticket
- Council approves Burlington transit's five-year business plan
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Canada paid a premium to get doses from Pfizer earlier than planned