Hamilton Canada Day - What's Open and Closed
Canada Day in Hamilton falls on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
Some places in Hamilton that are typically open will be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and there will be no major public events due to physical distancing restrictions and bans on large gatherings.
Gatherings of more than 10 people are currently not permitted by the Province of Ontario.
What’s open and closed Canada Day, July 1:
Local Parks are open but the equipment (ie: Playgrounds) remains CLOSED
Most Hamilton spray pads are open, municipal pools remain closed until later this month
Hamilton Conservation Authority areas (with some exceptions, see below)
Some coffee shops
Some grocery stores and pharmacies
Some restaurant patios
Note: Physical distancing requirements will be in place everywhere. Residents are asked to wear masks when physical distancing proves difficult.
CF Lime Ridge
Hamilton Conservation areas: Dundas Peak, Spencer Gorge, Devil's Punchbowl
Beer Store locations
There will be no mail delivery
Garbage and recycling (blue box, green bin and yard waste) will be collected one day later
HSR will operate on a Sunday or holiday schedule
Here’s how the City of Hamilton is celebrating Canada Day this year.
- What's CLOSED and OPEN during lockdown in Mississauga
- Hamilton to open outdoor pools on time
- Some Mississauga conservation areas and trails to remain closed for now
- Some Beer Store locations in Hamilton and Burlington to stay open on Victoria Day
- One Beer Store location will remain open in Mississauga on Thanksgiving
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- Hamilton Police announce arrest of Oliver Karafa and Yun Lu Li in Hungary
- More Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario residents now eligible for earlier second dose of vaccine
- Frustration mounts as Mississauga residents told second vaccine dose only available in Muskoka, Simcoe
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion