Halton police recruiting a dozen cadets from Milton, Oakville, Burlington
Published July 6, 2022 at 4:04 pm
Halton Regional Police will be hiring a dozen cadets from Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills later this year and several information sessions are available for those interested.
The one-year police cadet program is focused on promoting and enhancing the career development and experience of future police constable candidates.
Applications aren’t being accepted until September, but several information sessions are being held beginning next month at police headquarters in Oakville:
- Wednesday, Aug. 17, at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 20, at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 14, at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 17, at 10 a.m.
To register, contact [email protected].
Here are some of the key activities of a police cadet:
- Work at a police division under the mentorship of constable
- Participate as a member of the HRPS at community events, crime prevention initiatives, and special projects
- Provide front-line information and assistance to members of the public (in person and by telephone), become familiar with police procedures, and assist police officers in the performance of their duties
- Perform other duties as directed
To be considered for a Police Cadet position, candidates must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s licence with a good driving record
- Have successfully completed secondary school or the approved equivalent
- Possess a good level of physical fitness
- Possess a current Standard First Aid certificate and current CPR Level C
Ideal candidates will be between 19 and 24 years old and a recent post-secondary graduate or in the last semester of post-secondary education
Individuals hired as Police Cadets with the HRPS will be paid a salary during their one year work experience program.
Annually, work terms commence in May. Candidates will be assigned varied shifts, including days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
For more information or to apply, visit the police website.
https://www.haltonpolice.ca/en/join-our-team/police-cadets.aspxinsauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising