Halton Police Investigating Serious Collision Involving Mississauga Man In Oakville
On August 3rd at approximately 8:24 pm, Halton Police responded to a serious collision, involving a motorcycle and a motor vehicle at the intersection of Lakeshore Road and Ford Drive, in Oakville.
According to police, a 54-year-old male motorcycle rider from Mississauga was travelling westbound on Lakeshore Road when an eastbound motor vehicle attempted to turn north onto Ford Drive. The motor vehicle turned into the path of the motorcycle at which point the two collided in the intersection. The male rider sustained serious injuries requiring medical treatment. The male motor vehicle occupant, a 64-year-old Oakville resident, was uninjured.
An ambulance arrived and transported the man to Hamilton General Hospital for treatment.
Due to the serious nature of the injuries, the Collision Reconstruction Unit responded and took carriage of the investigation. The scene was held for approximately 4 hours for the at-scene collision investigation.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information leading up to the collision, are requested to contact the Collision Reconstruction Unit at 905-825-4747 ext 5065.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Hugely popular cheesecake hotspot coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Some residents and councillor furious about bridge demolition in Mississauga
- Man dies after police taser him in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Seriously Injured in Collision in Oakville
- Mississauga Woman Involved in Serious Crash in Oakville
- Intersection Closed for Collision Involving Motorcycle in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Dead in Motorcycle Collision
- 49-year-old Rider in Hospital After Motorcycle Collision in Mississauga