Halton police investigating series of pharmacy robberies
The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) is investigating a series of pharmacy robberies in the region that police believe to be connected.
According to police, on February 15, 2021, at approximately 3:55 p.m., three males entered Halton Pharmacy on Speers Road and demanded the pharmacist turn over narcotics from the safe.
Police say after stealing the drugs, the suspects fled the area in an SUV.
No weapons were seen or mentioned and no physical injuries were sustained, according to police.
Police say on February 19, 2021, at approximately 5:15 p.m., three males also entered IDA Pharmacy and Alton Village Medical Clinic on Thomas Alton Boulevard in Burlington and demanded the pharmacist turn over narcotics.
According to police, they were unsuccessful in obtaining any drugs, but they did steal cash from the register.
Police say they then fled the area in an SUV.
The suspects indicated they were armed, but no weapons were observed and nobody was physically injured during the incident, according to police.
On March 14, 2021, at approximately 7:05 p.m., four males also entered Rexall Pharma Plus on Lakeshore Road West in Oakville, according to police.
Police say they once again targeted narcotics from the safe and were able to steal a number of prescription drugs as well as cash. One of the suspects was armed with a kitchen knife, according to police.
Police say they fled the area in a sedan and two victims suffered minor physical injuries during this robbery.
The suspects have been wearing masks in each incident and appear to be between the ages of 16-22, according to police.
Police are reminding the public to always be vigilant of their surroundings, to remain calm should they find themselves present during a robbery and to not argue with robbers or attempt to disarm them.
Additionally, they encourage the public to try and remember as many details as possible, to not touch or move anything discarded or left behind by the robbers and to call 911 and remain at the scene until police arrive.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact Detective Barry Malciw of the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777 ext. 2218.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
Police are also interested in any dashcam footage residents may have of the suspects and their vehicles in the area and time of the robberies.
- Two arrests and more than 50 charges laid in relation to pharmacy robberies: Hamilton Police
- Police seeking three males armed with knives after robbery in Milton
- Police Hunting GTA Robbery Suspects
- Police Hunting Mississauga Armed Robbery Suspects
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other