Gym Suddenly Shuts Down in Mississauga
It hasn't been a good few months for Mississauga fitness facilities.
Last year, we found out that the Cooksville-based Vision Fitness closed without warning. Shortly after that, we discovered that the Gymify location on Burnhamthorpe Rd. (just off of Central Parkway) had closed down.
Now, it looks like Gymify's Streetsville location is also closed.
An inSauga.com reader recently submitted a photo of a letter taped to Gymify's door that indicates that Associated Bailiffs & Co. Ltd. have "taken distress" against the fitness facility on behalf of the landlord.
In layman's terms, an issue between landlord and tenant has prompted the (perhaps temporary) closure of Gymify's last Mississauga location.
The letter, dated Jan. 31, says the tenant has five days to pay its outstanding balance.
The balance, according to the letter, sits at $46,749.62 plus additional costs.
Although the locks have reportedly been changed, the letter says that Gymify's landlord has not terminated the lease and that the company's "rights to the premises" will continued to be recognized.
Whether or not the gym will reopen remains to be seen.
inSauga.com has reached out to Gymify for comment.
Gymify is a 24-hour “no contact gym," meaning it’s a completely unmanned facility that you sign up for online and enter with a key fob.
- Another Gym Suddenly Closes in Mississauga
- Two employees at Mississauga GoodLife Fitness location test positive for COVID-19
- Popular Fitness Centre Facing Temporary Closure in Mississauga
- Here's How to Evict a Commercial Tenant in Mississauga
- New York-Based Fitness Company Opening Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Empty lot at major Brampton intersection being turned into hub of commerce
- Ontarians say initial vax appointments tough to cancel once earlier dose booked
- All residents of Mississauga, Brampton 18+ who received an mRNA vaccine will soon be able to book their second
- Square One serving up mall food in new outdoor patio dining area
- Cyclist killed on Hwy. 50 in Brampton, road closed for several hours