Guns and ammo found following traffic stop in Mississauga
A man is facing drug and firearms-related charges following a traffic stop in Mississauga
Peel police say that in the early morning hours of June 25, 2020, officers investigated a vehicle in the City Centre Drive and Robert Speck Parkway area.
Police allege that officers located and seized two firearms, two airsoft imitation firearms, a quantity of Fentanyl and various types of ammunition.
Police say 51-year-old Collingwood man Rafael Lopes was arrested and charged with a number of offences, including possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, carrying a concealed weapon, possession of opioids and more.
He appeared in court on June 25 for a bail hearing.
Police also say that on June 26, two search warrants were executed—one at a residence in Toronto and another at home in Collingwood. Police allege that officers discovered 18 pistols and 11 long guns in Collingwood and one pistol and four long guns in Toronto.
At the Collingwood residence, investigators located a suspicious package and the OPP Emergency Response Unit and OPP Explosives Disposal Unit attended. After several homes were evacuated for safety reasons, the package was deemed not to be a threat, police say.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 1133.
- Police seize loaded pistol and drugs in Mississauga traffic stop
- Gun and Ammo Discovered During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged After Guns Seized by Police
- Police allegedly seize drugs and loaded gun during traffic stop in Mississauga
- Mississauga traffic stop leads to seizure of loaded pistol and drugs
- One arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter in Mississauga
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Two suspects sought after carjacking in Mississauga